Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Yesterday and a Question for Jeff

Still working on my next ecclesiology post (and the more I work on the more I realize how thouroughly it is tied up in Christology). I anticipate it being ready by Friday. But in the meantime, I thought I would metion yesterday's breakfast and ask Jeff a question.

Yesterday's Breakfast. When I woke up I tought there was nothing in the house to eat. But I found about 1/3 loaf of hard-as-rock stale sourdough bread that the little boy and I made last week. Some vegetable stock, 1/2 a yellow onion, and a couple of cloves of garlic. So, we sauteed the onion and garlic (I showed the boy how to smash and chop garlic) in butter and olive oil (the boy stirred), added the veggie stock, and made made soup. Then we put the bread into a big serving bowl and poured the soup over it. Yummy!

Jeff, you said: "I do want to worship God in spirit and truth." I know the scripture you are refering to, but what does "spirit and truth mean"?

Also, we finished the last of the 9 Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder last night. The 9th book was published by the attorney of the estate of Rose Wilder, Laura's Daughter, long after both Laura and Rose were both dead. The ninth book is dramaticaly different from the preceeding eight. It is also unedited and in many ways, merely an outline of first draft. It is my opinion that the attorney made an error in publishing the book. Laura and Rose were correct in not publishing the book. I wish we had not read it. The 8th book was the perfect ending to the story of Laura's growing up. The 9th book was an unsatisfying account of her her first 4 years of adulthood.

2 comments:

Deborah White said...

I am enjoying your site. Fun to see three friend working through theological questons and life. I have linked my blog (www.heartsoulandhumor.blogspot.com) to yours if that is OK with you.

Matt said...

We love inbound links. Thank you.