Monday, August 16, 2004

Love, WiFi, Trains, Coffee, and Pac Bell Park

This is beyond cool. It is freaking Blizzard! There is this amazing website that shows the current location of every train on the San Francisco Municipal Rail Road. This particular map is of the N-Judah line. At the western turnaround of the N-Judah is Java Beach , where I first met Cyndi. At the eastern terminal is PacBell Park. (Screw SBC. When Cyndi and I had season tix it was called Pac Bell Park and it always will be Pac Bell Park.) You can run your cursor over the various stops (they look kinda like blue arrows) and a window will pop up that shows the ETA of the next train. Or you can run your cursor over the little blue squares and it will show you info on a particular train. Too cool for words. I can just imagin sitting at my wifi hot spot, fuming about the lateness of the train, and then looking at my laptop to see where it is. Can't you?

No comments: