Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Days events (so far)

Woke up at 7.

The Boy and I did Morning Prayers. There has been a slight change to the prayers. We sing the Trisagion in the Byzantine Style instead of just saying it. So now we sing the Trasagion in addition to "O Heavenly Kiing..", the "Our Father..." and the Creed. Makes me happy. Maybe smeday I will learn the melody to the Troparion to the Holy Spirit. Oh, the little boy usually pays attention until the middle of the Creed, then he wanders off to do things more interesting to him.

Then breakfst. He had two boiled eggs, a table spoon of fresh ground peanut butter, a Clif Bar, and 10 oz. milk, and a cup of bush tea. I had a pot of coffe with a bit of mesquite honey in it. I also had a handful of peanuts. Then the boy had the worlds largest bowel movement.

While he was taking a bath I practiced on my recorder. (I'm trying to learn Evening Prayer from Fiddler on the Roof.)

After the bath, we began working on the bread. We are making four sourdough rounds. We made the starter a couple of weeks ago and this is aour first time to use it. Very exciting. While the dough was doing the first rise we went swimming. After swimming we divied the dough, formed the loaves, and set it for the second rise. Then I gave the little boy lunch: Sonoma Jack, braeburn apple, milk, crackers. Then mid-day prayers and hap-time. He just fell asleep and I put some brown rice on the stove for my lunch.

Ecclesiology update: I am re-reading the New Testament, Ss. Ignatius and Clement today and tomorrow. Will work some more on the Orthodox Ecclesiology Series of Posts over the weekend. (I have a memorial service I have to go to in Visalia on Friday, so don't look for anything from me on Friday.)

Talked to the real estate agent and the bank today. Here is where the situation lies: I can get the money to buy a 4 or 5 unit bldg with just my signature. But I can't the money to buy a anything larger without a 25% down payment. This is a problem because I don't have 1/3 of a Million in the bank, and I can't find a building of less than 7 units that generates enough income to pay all the expenses. I'm thinking about looking for partners. Know anyone who is interested in a long term income generating investment?

And besides all of that, this is worth reading.



No comments: