Monday, August 16, 2004

Reply to Jeff's posts as of this time and date.

Yes, we will be at your house for brunch on the 28th. 10 AM?

It is good to teach children to pray. They take to it easily and are better at it than us grown ups. They expect their prayers to be answered and they never pray just to show off how well they pray. And the prayer you are teching him is good too. Giving thanks is the central thing. Had Adam and Eve been thankful for what they had they would not have sinned. Gratitude leaves no room for sin. But I have a question: Why are you teaching Caleb to pray with his hands together? I ask because it doesn't seem like a Scriptural prayer posture. I can find raising hands (Psalm 28:2 among many others), and spreading hands (1st Kings 8:22), but can find not one verse that indicates we should put our hands together to pray. It makes me wonder where the root of this tradition is hidden. Do you know?

No, 600 is not my credit rating. "600+FICO" is the min credit rating this one particular lender will work with for apartment building financing. What is "FICO"?

Yes, you said you are taking hebrew and that the instructor is Orthodox. I think he used to be Assemblies of God, at least he went to an AG college, and very few non-AG people go to AG colleges. He also taught a course in OT at Jubilee. I bet that was interesting. I wonder how well he was received. Or, perhaps since it was more than 4 years ago, it was before his conversion to the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

When Cyndi and I talk to each other we always refer to Anselm as "the little boy". My Dad thinks it is funny, too. We don't notice it.

Jeopardy: Good Luck. Yes, you do know a lot of stuff. But if I were you, I'd be reading through an encyclopaedia right now.



No comments: