Friday, August 06, 2004

Transfiguration

The little boy and I went to church today. As it is a weekday, there were very few people in attendence. Surprisingly, a catachumen from Berkeley made the drive over. Fr. Victor is recovering from surgery, so Fr. David presided. I haven't been to confession in a while so I didn't go to communion. But the little boy went. It was his first time to approach the chalice on his own feet. (My wife's godmother was holding his hand).

FYI: You can watch and listen to Bishop Kalistos (Ware) expalin the Transfiguration by clicking the links below. (The videos are in the Real Media format.)

To view the videos (which are worth watching, I watched them last year.) go here, scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the "Transfiguation Series".

2 comments:

Huw Richardson said...

Thank you for the sappy, smile-inducing post :-)

Matt said...

You are welcome.