Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Only on a weblog can one mention a Trisagion prayer in one paragraph and describe a bowel movement in the next. What would we ever do without the Internet??

What memorial service do you have to go to in Visalia? Anyone I know? Are you still coming for brunch on Saturday???

Bernard asked a very intriguing question about whether a church would have a worship service if no one showed up. My first instinct would be to say 'no', but then i realize I fall into the trap. A lot of Protestant churches, whether they know it or not, do gear their services towards the congregation. First and foremost, though, I do think a Sunday service should primarily be worship towards God.

I guess it's something I struggle with a bit. I do want to worship God in spirit and truth. I don't want to be like Aaron's sons who got drunk and lit strange fire. Wherever I end up in ministry, I want to focus on the Sunday service to be on God, not man. The trick, of course, is how to do this.

No comments: