Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So much. So much.

Failed in my attempt to put together a chest of drawers from Ikea.
Meeting with boss: Successful. I get to gather bids for re-plastering the pool.
Cleaned laundry room.
Bought a gun rack.
Picked up cigarette butts near a certain tenants apartment. Hmmmm. I'l give them a couple of weeks then I'll have a talk with them about littering up the place.
filled the pool. I think it has a leak. I loses about 6 inches of water a day. Even when no one is swimming in it.
Unpacked more stuff.
Took a nap.
Atahanasia went down to enroll Anselm Samuel in school and discovered that the excellent school down the street is at 100% capacity and is accepting no more students. Don't know what we are going to do.
Had a great chat with my friend Brian in Idaho.
Talked to my friend Jeff about going to see Superdiamond on Saturday. We've been to many Superdiamond shows but the last time we went we were both unmarried. That was a long long time ago.
One very interesting thing happened. I came across my Dad's elementary school report cards. I was looking at them when all of a sudden I realized the the "Bill Karnes" I was seeing were not my Dad's signature. They were my Grandfather's signature. It was the closest I had ever been to him. As far as I know those report cards are the only things I have that were touched by him. (He died from working in the lead and zinc mines in Oklahoma in the 1930s.) I became very excited and said to Anselm Samuel, "Look! These are my Grandfather's signatures on your Papa's report cards." Anselm said, "Let me see" and I handed them to him. He looked at them and as he handed them back he said, "Don't show me anymore things that make me cry."

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Sniff, sniff. How sad, and what an amazing momento.

Athanasia said...

Don't give up on the school. Put Anselm's name on the waiting list. Some kids move, some kids drop out, some kids don't show up. There will be space. God always provides according to His perfect will.

I love your son. He's just the greatest kid. You are truly blessed with them both. You and Athanasia are great parents.