Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Christmas in July

We have passed the midpoint of the civil year. That mean we have now begun the joyful build up to Christmas. This week is Independence Day. Following this auspicious day is the steady march toward our national celebration of the birth of the true King. My children sense it. In the last week Anselm Samuel asked me "Is it almost Halloween?" and "Are we having ham on Christmas?" and "Will we have Thanksgiving at Church again?" They feel it. I feel it. I was looking at the drawer that holds the Christmas stockings today. I was thinking about St. Nicholas day and wondering if Anselm is still going to be excited about staying up to greet St. Nicholas. I was thinking about whether or not my wife will make the Cranberry Walnut Pie for Thanksgiving. I was thinking about adopting a girl so we could do St. Lucy's Day right. Well, all of that to introduce a new album of Christmas music. I must have a dozen Christmas CDs but there is always room for two or three more, don't you think? So here it is: Six Pence None The Richer readies a Christmas Almbum. Sample here. I can hardly wait till it is released.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Well, I love Sixpence, so definitely!

Your post made me nearly choke on my snack. Christmas already, ay yi yi!

Matt said...

You're going to think I'm nuts, but the boys and I watched The Little Drummer Boy & Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on the computer today.

Mimi said...

Nah, both good movies, why would you be nuts?