Monday, July 07, 2008

Mid-Afternnon

It has been twenty-four years since it was morning in America. In some ways it feels like mid-afternoon. Its not too late Rebublicans. you haven't had your convention yet. You haven't cast any votes. You can still nominate some one who can beat the wicked man. But you have to look to the past if you want to move forward. McCain is a decent enough guy - I actually like him - but I don't think he can beat the baby killer. Well, he could take him in a fist fight (I'd pay money to see it!), but I'm not talking about anything that manly. I'm talking about politics. McCain has the wrong politics. By that I mean the wrong image, and image is 80% of American politics today.

Listen up, Republican delegates: When you get to that convention don't vote for McCain. It doesn't matter if you think it is his turn. You did that with Robert Dole. He'd been trying to get the nomination ever since I was a little boy and you finally gave it to him. And what happened? Instead of giving to the guy who's turn it is, vote for a winner.

Nominate Bobby Jindal. If you nominate him he will deliver a landslide because he can make us feel like this again.

No comments: