Saturday, July 05, 2008

I Can't Wait to Read This

He was raised a Baptist in Texas but as a teenager wanted more of God so he began attending a Greek Orthodox Church near where he lived. It wasn't long before he converted. Now three years after I first heard that he was writing it, the aged and much loved Orthodox Archbishop of Dallas (I've heard he wears cowboy boots under his cassock and drives an old beat up Lincoln Continental.) has released a book on St. Paul's letter to the Church in Rome.

According to Nina Chapman of SVS Press,
"Quotations from church fathers and parallel expressions from Scripture create a methodology consistent with Orthodox tradition. By also using hymns and texts from the Orthodox liturgical services, the author supplies deeper and broader contexts for familiar biblical verses."
If I don't read it before then, I think this book will be my Dormition Fast reading this year.

No comments: