Saturday, July 19, 2008

In the early morning hours

About 2 in the morning there was a knock on the door. I answerd it with a baseball bat in my hand. It was the boy from earlier. He was crying. He had changed clothes. He said he was sorry. He thanked me for calling the paramedics. I asked him if he talked to the police and he said he had. I told him that the paramedics had taken Brenda to the hospital. He said he knew that, and thanked me for calling them. Then he shook my hand and took a step to leave and said, "goodnight,Sir". He was still crying. I made the sign of the cross over him, said, "God bless you", and closed the door.

2 comments:

Athanasia said...

Lord have mercy!

Sigh.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Matt,
I wouldn't have opened the door at that time of the night even with a baseball bat !

Poor misguided kids.
I hope they have learned a lesson from this sorry episode.

Lord have mercy.....