Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Various things

My foot is much better. It began hurting very badly on Christmas Eve. I could barely stand by the 26th. Basil hasn't thrown up today but he is stil coughing and feverish. Anselm seems to have regained most ofhis hearing. I still have a bad cough. Other than that all is well.

I am a little sad that I didn't get to have my eggnog this Christmas but there is always next year. And, I have been enjoying my hot mulled wine. Recipe: 1/3 bottle of red wine, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 broken up cinnamon stick, 4 cloves. in a sauce pan heat till steaming but not boiling. Pour into large mug. enjoy. (This serves one.)

I managed to make fudge with Anselm. Cyndi says it is the best she has ever tasted. Here is the recipe for anyone who wants to try it.

2 bars (16 squares) of Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
1 bar of Green and Black 65% Cacao
2 cans of eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
2 tsp vanilla
2 glass pie pans
aluminum foil
glass mixing bowl
wooden spoon

step one: spread chopped walnuts on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.

step two: break up chocolate bars and put them in bowl

step three: pour eagle milk over the chocolate

step four: melt chocolate in microwave oven but do not bring to a boil , remove from microwave oven before chocolate completely loses its shape

step five: stir with wooden spoon until smooth

step six: stir in nuts and vanilla

Step seven: pour contents of bowl into foil-lined pie pans

step eight; cool in refrigerator until hard.

step nine: remove from refrigerator, peel foil off of fudge, place on cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces

No comments: