Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I took a test

So here is my basic problem with this test... It makes a proposition that really needs a 1500 word response and makes the test taker choose between Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Agree, and Strongly Agree. For example, one propostion was "I would use deadly force to protect my property" Well, I wouldn't, probably. But that is because I am a Christian and believe that i gave up my rights when I chose to follow Jesus. That is not the same thing as saying the right to defend property with deadly force does not exist. (And it does exist.) Another example is "Most people are too stupid to know what is good for them." Well, yeah, that is true. But I don't think someone working for the gvernment is any smarter. Also, being permissive should not be equated with approving of behavior. For instance, I disagreed with the statement "People who can't afford to have children should not be allowed to have children". That does not mean that I think poor people shoulc go out and have a bunch of kids. That is called foolishness. But I don't want to give the government the power to decide who may and who may not have kids. Just because a problem doesn't have a government solution doesn't mean it isn't a problem. So, that being said, here is the result of my test.

You are a

Social Liberal
(65% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(83% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Libertarian (83e/65s)




Link: The Politics Test on OkCupid Free Online Dating
Also: The OkCupid Dating Persona Test

No comments: