Thursday, January 31, 2008

Kid Stuff

I changed Anselm's math curriculum. The book provided by the ISP had him doing much cutting and pasting and coloring but didn't have him doing much math. This is a big deal because a fiev year old boy isn't goig to concentrate on anything for more than 20 minutes. And if 18 of those minutes are taken up with cutting pasing and coloring he isn't going to learn math. So I changed books. He's been working in ot for two days. Just a minute ago he said, "Hey, Dad, I lovove my new math book. Thank you for getting it for me."

In other news, Basil, who is two, has learned that he can stand on a chair and reach the top or the refrigerator. This is very very bad because the top of the refrigerator was the last place in the house he couldn't reach. I don't know what I am going to do.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Drink up?

Awesome about the new math book!

Matt said...

Can't "drink up". There is nothing worth drinking up there. On top of the refrigerator is where we keep medicine (antibiotics, children's tylenol, and codine syrup, lately) vitamins, passports, the Paska mold, the phone, assorted important papers, etc.

I think I'll buy alock box for the medicines. I don't know what to do about the other stuff. But it is already too late for the phone, which is missing.

Mimi said...

That's actually what is on our fridge top too, but the visual was good ;)

I've seen lockers for medicines in kid catalogues, that is a good idea.