Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Shotgun

Today I bought a new shotgun. I went into the store to get an inexpensive single-shot 12-guage but bought, instead, an inexpnsive used 12-guage pump-action repeater! It is a J.C. Higgins Modle 20 with a compensator (it reduces kick) and variable choke. It cost less than the single-shot I was planning on buying, has a smooth action, and has very little wear in the bore. It isn't as pretty as a Purdey, but what is? I'm very pleased. Next Thanksgiving the turky on the table will be a turkey I will have killed.

4 comments:

The Crescat said...

why did this post turn me on? LOL

Matt said...

Cuz your a sicko who gets turned on by guns?? :)

Anonymous said...

Forgive me asking, but are there a lot of wild turkeys in the Silicon Valley? Still, I'd recommed a .22 for killing turkeys. Saves breaking a tooth on a piece of shot.

May Providence shine upon your hunt for next Thanksgiving's main dish.

Matt said...

Sol, yes there are a lot of turkeys. The populated part of my county is quite small. There are some good hardwood forests near here.

The only time I used a .22 to kill a turkey, I didn't. It flying.