Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sick Sick Sick

It is difficult being sick. I still can't hear half of what my wife or my kids say to me. My left nostril feels like there is a golf ball stuck in it. My ears ring constantly. I cough and cough, and I'm running low on codine. I'm out of bourbon. I'm out of wine. (Hot burbon and mulled wine is about all thats been getting me through these last few days.) My head is burning up and the rest of me is cold. And tomorrow its just me and the kids. I am dreading it.

Thankfully, the boys seem to be doing better. Anslem was even able to go to church today. Father John had him carry the Book of Needs during the Great Blessing of the Waters. It was part of his training for his oficial debut as an altar boy next week. Athanasia said he was very happy to get to hold the book.

No comments: