Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cake

Back in 1997, when I was crawling out of the pit of homelessness I got my first job in sales at a Williams-Sonoma store in San Francisco. This job was very important to me, even thought it was just retail sales because it opened the door for me to a career in advertising. (But that is a different story). I'd been at Williams-Sonom aabout a week when I found a CD by the band Cake that someone lost at an ATM. I started listening to it and really liked their music. One day at work I was talking about them with a co-worker when a customer overheard us talking and said, "My frind looking at the cookbooks over their is Cake's drummer." It turned out that Pete was a major foodie. We chatted briefly about the band, chocolate torts, and Chuck's new soup cookbook. Now, look what I found on YouTube.




(In case you are wondering, yes, I am still sick I just don't want to dwell on it.)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I like Cake too. That's cool you've met their drummer.