Monday, July 25, 2005

Pictures of the First Haircut

The pictures are here.

His mother says that now when he is naughty he doesn't look like a sweet mischiveous angel, rather he looks like a naught little boy. I thought that was hillarious. But now I understand why she had difficulty being stern with him. I have never thought he looked like a sweet mischieveous angel when he was being disobedient. So, even though I didn't want to get his haircut, if the end result is that he is treated with more gravity, I am happy.

Oh, in case you are wondering he says that when he grows up he wants to be a daddy, a welder, a priest, and a back-hoe operator. Given the meager salaries we pay our priests, it is probably a good thing he wants to be a welder and a back-hoe operator.

2 comments:

layne (herman) said...

At 42 I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up (before it is too late) -I think Anselm has some good ideas!

This made me think of Protodeacon Nikolai Porshnikoff (Memory Eternal) who I have never met, but I enjoied reading when Fr. John McCuen shared: "The stories of his physical strength abounded. He owned and operated an auto body shop; and I was regaled with tales of how he could fix dents with the hammer blow of the side of his fist; and how he could raise the front end of a car just by lifting it with his arms and legs. To see him, and to hear his wonderfully powerful and deep bass voice, made me a believer in these tales. ...." in a post following Protodeacon Nikolai's repose.

Matt said...

Thank you.

I think I would have liked to have met Protodeacon Nikolai Porshnikoff, too.