Saturday, July 16, 2005

I just had to blog this

Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to blog for a while because it hurts. (and it does) But two really neat things happened.

1) I called my doctor this morning and begged for narcotics. He said "Sorry, I can't do that. I need you to feel the pain because it keeps you from grinding on the nerve. That's all that is going to keep you from permanantly losing the use of your arm." But he did recommend that I buy a cervical collar. (I'm wearing it now.) and it works pretty well. Now, I can sleep on my back without freaking out from pain. I love my cervical collar! I get a traction machine on Wednesday!

2) The other neat thing is that we stopped by Barnes and Noble and got HP6. It came with a poster, a green HP6 rubber bracelet stamped with today's date and an owl, and plastic glasses (no lenses) just like Harry Potter's. How is that for cool!!!

Caffine units: 6
Tobacco units:0
Alcohol units:1 (1 oz creme de cacao mixed with 8 oz. San Pellagrino, over ice. Ahhhh.)
Pills for the neck problem:16

Oh, Father Victor said because my wife is great with child and I'm kinda gimpy right now we are not allowed to cook the after liturgy meal tomorrow. So, it is bagles and coffee.

2 comments:

existentialist said...

I thought your wife was pregnant. Congratulations! Everybody is having babies! My daughter loves babies. I have a different kind of baby, creative projects... I love your narcotics tab. I got to do that. I think I would include music on mine. My downstairs neighbor has to come upstairs everyday and tell me to turn my hip hop down. And my child's father thought he was a thug. Not.

Mimi said...

Oh Matt, I hope the new HP keeps you from ruminating on the pain, eek! What an interesting thing that if you didn't feel pain, you'd permanently do harm.

Bagels are good!