Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Hooray!!!

I heard from the University of Joensuu in Finland. They have received my application and the course materials will be here shortly. I'm very excited.

In other news....

Athanasia is borderline/at risk for gestational diabetes. She is going to counseling and adjusting her diet. They are thinking about giving her pills. No decisions yet.

No change in my neck. Unless God heals me or I submit to the surgeon's knife it will not get better.

Our bird feeder has become very active. Finches and chickadees mainly. There are at least 1/2 a dozen, usually more in the camphor at all times between dawn and dusk. I love the little sounds they make. I put up some suet hoping to attract some other types of birds but it has been there for several weeks and hasn't been touched. We had some blue jays earlier in the summer but they are gone now. They ate the food I set out for the squirrel.

Athanasia finally saw a hummingbird at the hummingbird feeder. Last summer there were dozens of hummingbirds. This year only two. It is strange.

Alcohol units: 0
Tobacco units: 0
Caffine units: 1/2 (I'm out of coffee. Had to have tea instead.)
Itallian sodas: 1
Pills for neck:16
Tenant Issues: 1 very serious, and 5 minor (but expensive) plumbing related issues.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

You and Athanasia continue to be in my prayers - when will the baby arrive?

Matt said...

Mimi, Thank you. The baby will be here Oct. 7

Mimi said...

October - I bet it can't get here fast enough, but in the same way you want to enjoy the time in utero way!

I have to agree with Philippa, permanent painkillers doesn't sound good either.

Oh, and by the way, congrats on the Finnish school!

existentialist said...

Hi Matt, I am sorry to hear about Athanasia's suffering, but I am not surprised. I am glad she got the test. That was wise. That will prevent unnecessary suffering at least.
Thank you for sharing about the hummingbird feeder. I have one that Justina's father bought a long time ago and have not been able to put up due to the immense sorrow I have been carrying.
It seems some of that has lifted today so I can think about putting up the hummingbird feeder.
I love your narcotic tab. I think I am going to do that. What is an alcohol unit and a tobacco unit and a caffine unit? Like what is one cup of black tea? I love the list...I wonder how being rough with your child would fit on there...child issues. yeah.