Saturday, September 18, 2004

Why I'm not voting for Bush but why you should.

I live in California. Bush will lose this state by at least 10% points. My vote for him is wasted. So, I am going to vote for either the Libertarian Party or the Constitution Party, both of which have platforms that are more in line with what I believe. But if you are in Ohio, Maine, Colorado or any of the other "battleground" states and want to stop this, then you should vote for Bush.

This does not mean that I think the evil practice will end right away. It could be ended today if the Congress would act. (And don't even get me started on the Supreme Court. Congress has the power to limit their appelate jurisdiction but congressmen are cowards.) But Bush and the Republicans are more susceptable thant are the Democrats to pressure from the people who want to end this variety of barbarism.

Okay enough politics. "Put not your trust in princes and sons of men, in whom there is no salvation." I have to keep reminding myself of that.

I only had 14 tenants tell me which storage units they are using. The deadline was yesterday. Today I cut locks off. I bet I hear from all of the other tenants who didn't respond to my request very soon after I cut their locks.


3 comments:

Deborah White said...

I respectfully disagree, but certainly enjoy your blog. (I have even put in a link to your site from one of mine, HeartSoulandHumor.blogspot.com.)

Matt said...

Debi,

I'm so glad you still read this blog. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it now that Jeff isn't a part of it. To me it doesn't seem as interesting. Nevertheless, I'm happy you still read it.

Matt

dlm said...

Yes, this is a very good blog. But my comment is primarily to Debi: How off-handedly you seem to dash off such a profound and powerful idea. You disagree, but will continue to visit. And not only that, your own site contains a link to this one!

To disagree, and yet still dialogue civily, and even encourage others to see the contrary viewpoint! God bless you a million times over!