Monday, September 13, 2004

A few little things

A tennent abandonded their apartment on Friday. Have to take posession of it today. I get to learn something new.

Burned my thumb lighting the lampada before the Icon of Christ Pantocrator today. That will teach me not to play with fire before I've had the first cup of coffee. (Ahh. But I am out of coffee. Today I am drinking tea.)

Supper on Saturday: Pork chops stuffed with prosciutto and guyere. To make this dish you need a fairly thick pork chop. Brown the pork chops in a buttered pan. Take them out of the pan before they are finished cooking. Using a very sharp knife, butterly the chops and carefully place 2 slices of procsiutto on the bottm slice of the pork chop. Try to cover the bottom part of the chop with the prosciutto without very much over-hang. Put thin slices of guyere on top of the prosciutto, close the pork chop, fasten with a treen toothpick. Throw a handfull of chopped scallions into the pan set the pork chops on the scallions. Cook a little bit. Turn the pork chops over. The scallions should be charred. Pour 1/2 cup of Marsala Wine on the chops. Cook until done. While cooking shred 3 or 4 more slices of prosciutto. When the pork chops are done remove from the pan and put them on plates. throw the shredded prosciuto into the pan add more Marsala Wine and deglaze. Pour this thick sweet sauce on the porck chops. I served the pork chops with pasta (boiled and suteed in fresh sliced garlic and olive oil), green salad, and a 2000 Sonoma Cabernet. Bon appetite!

Cyndi beat me at a game of Go last night. I predict that she will win from now on. I am with go the same way I am with Chess. I love the games and teach them to everyone who will learn, but then they start beating me about the 4th or 5th game.

Tonight is the Festal Vigil for the Exaltation of the Cross. I've never been to this service. I can hardly wait!

Oh, I also discovered while shopping for pants on Saturday that I am no longer a 48 around the waist. I am a 46! This is so cool because now I do not have to shop in the big and tall stores. I can actually buy my pants in the stores most men shop in!!! Why is this so good? It means I can spend less money on clothes and have a greater selection. Hooray!

Cyndi and I signed up to cook for the parish next Sunday. We are not sure how we are going to do that and go to Glendi, too. Usually we take most of Saturday to do the prep work.


No comments: