Sunday, September 26, 2004

Pie, Godfather, Theologians, and a Hymn I grew up singing.

I'm baking an apple pie. I put it in the oven about 7 minutes ago. Very excited. When Cyndi and I read the Little House books to each other we noticed that our forefathers often ate pies for breakfast. So, tomorrow we will have apple pie - made from all organic ingredients. I even grated the nutmeg myself. Problem with the top crust though. A little worried. But I think Cyndi and the little boy (who have been in bed for a couple of hours) will be happy in the morning.

Note about the little boy: He has seen some pictures of his Godfather. Now evertime he sees a bald man with a beard he says "Godfather?"

Working on a reply to Dr. Bouteneff's paper. I'll post it here when I finish it and send it to him.

All evening I've been hearing this song in my head:

Are You Washed in the Blood?

I grew up singing this song almost every Sunday. Oh, how my heart aches for all the people I used to go to church with. They introduced me to Jesus. They taught me the Bible. They asked me, "Are your garments spotless? Are they White as snow? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?" I wish God would do something and cause them to see that Orthodoxy is the Church who's porch they are standing on.

1 comment:

Matteo said...

Matt--

Guess what? Now I have a blog! It's at

http://cartagodelenda.blogspot.com

--Matteo Grande