Sunday, September 05, 2004

Pain and Suffering

It has been a very difficult couple of days. Among other things, my left transmandibular joint is inflamed and I am unable to close my mouth. It is very painful. Spoke to one of the M.D.s who is a member of my parish. She said I probably have a slipped cartalige and that I need to make an appointment to see a doctor. I hate going to see doctors. As a class, their customer service skills are well below those of the average advertising salesman. It is always a yucky experience.

Found out this morning that I am broke. Forgot to count transportation expenses in the budget (about $100 per week) and over spent.

The temperature of the air in San Jose is 88 degrees (F). The ice pack I put on my jaw melted in 10 minutes. Miserable.

In other less whiney news, Cyndi and I ate at a Greek tavern across the street from our church last night. We've been saying every week for a coupel of years that we need to eat there, so last night we were in SF early and decided to eat dinner before the vigil. (This was before I found out that I am broke.) The food was amazingly good. Lamb suvlaki, fried zuchini, other stuff. The waitress complimented me on my Greek pronunciation. The meal ended with a big huge piece of freshly made baklava. I highly recommend O Mythos on Van Ness, just north of Green.

No comments: