Monday, September 06, 2004

The morning

As I write this I hear my wife and son in the pool swimming. His laughing 2 year old voice makes me so happy I have trouble holding back tears. I am so amazaed that God has given me this family. He is so good to me.

Reading Archbishop Averky's comentay on Revelation. (Thank you Ian for finding it in the church library for me.) I have noticed something about Orthodox Bishops. (I have verly limited experience with Orthodox bishops so this opinion might change later.) They do not write like Evangelical Protestant teachers. They do not build arguments for their interpretations of Scripture. They simply say: This passage means X, or theis verse means Y. This is a very different way of doing theology. It doesn't allow for discussion but requires submission. Ouch! Being Orthodox is not easy.

No comments: