Friday, May 23, 2008

This Day's Good and Bad ( according to the eyes of the flesh)

The Good: The repair of the broken tooth is covered (mostly) by insurance! HOORAY!!!

The Bad: I've lost my hearing again.

The Good: Anselm Samuel really enjoyed his lesson on heraldry. He mad a cool personal coat of arms that in heraldry-code identified him as a third son and a Christian. He also correctly identified the badges and stars of various orders of knighthood and pointed out similar looking devices that are not emblems of knighthood because they are awarded by republics.

The Bad: Anselm Samuel says he hates writing and reading and only wants to learn by watching "Magic School Bus" videos and "Peep and the Big Wide World" videos.

The Good: The director of Stanford's "Big HR" told my wife's boss that my wife is very talented and very valuable and Stanford needs to not lose my wife.

The Bad: My wife did not get a job at Stanford that she had hoped she would get and which would have given her a about 15% raise.

2 comments:

David said...

I love your blog Matt. I read it regularly now. You are so genuine, something that can be hard to find. God bless you and your family. Keep blogging, I'll keep reading.

McCain has a pretty solid pro-life record. He has never wavered. Not my first choice in candidates but a war hero and a genuine man.

Matt said...

David, thanks for reading my blog. I am familiar with his war record. It is impressive. I know that he is oneof the most pro-life people in the senate. But he is also in favor of emryonic stem-cell research, isn't he?