Monday, May 05, 2008

No posting for a while

End of the semester is on the 10th. Much work to do between now and then. For the record, I detest APA and MLA (Ewwww yuck! The MLA!!! Barf!!!)and see no reason to ever use anything other than Chicago-Style citations. Chicago was good enough for our grandfathers. It is good enough for us. Besides that excellent reason for sticking with Chicago-Style, Chicago-Style citations are exact, concise,and easily understood by everyone who reads them, which can not truthfully be said of APA and MLA. They are superior to both MLA and APA in every respect.

I hve three short papers (5-8 pages) due on the tenth. On the 16th (One professor gave the class an extension.) I have a 10-15 page paper due. Rule of thumb for my academic writing: 1 page = 7 hours research + 4 hours of actually writing and editing. I am not a natural scholar. I wish I was one of those people who could just whip a paper out in no time and get an A. According to my mother, my brother Mark was like that. Alas, I am not.

3 comments:

Athanasia said...

I'm with ya brother! I'm into my 4th day of writing an 8 page paper; approximately 10 hours of writing so far. It's due by noon on Thursday but I had hoped to turn it in early...like tonight. Don't think that's gonna happen.

Keep at it. Prayers for you.

Mimi said...

Prayers for both you and Philippa on your papers!

DebD said...

Prayers for you and Philippa. I hope it all goes well for you both.