Saturday, May 03, 2008

Saturday Soundtrack: Son ofa Preacherman

I offer no details (this isn't Confession) but this song is a bit biographical (from the girl's point of view) of me and my older brothers. I don't know what it is about the sons of preachers that gives them the strange talent. Perhaps, it is that they have watched their fathers move people with words for years and years, and that skill is absorbed. It certainly isn't genetic, I and one of my brothers are adopted. Oh to be fair, I have never heard stories about my oldest brother, but I have seen pictures of him with many many girls. I suspect that as a teenager he wasn't much different from his younger brothers. Anyway here is the video. It is interesting to me how the girl views the situation. Of course, there is that whole Sons of Eli thing. I did get that lecture from my Dad once.

There are other versions of this song but this is the one I heard as a boy.

No comments: