Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's Not Saturday, So Sue Me.

In the past few weeks I've missed a some of my acclaimed Saturday Saturday Soundtrack postings. So I figure a little weekday fun is on order. Growing up in the 70s it was impossible to not know this singers music: She was the girlfriend of the governor. Aside from that she has 65 hit singles, 33 Albums (15 of them gold or platinum), 11 Grammys, a record-breaking 6 Rolling Stone Magazine covers, and a 3 octave voice with amazing vibrato control.

Though my favorite Linda Ronstadt songs are on the What's New and Lush Life albums (She does the best version of Skylark ever! What? Are you saying she doesn't? Maybe we should step outside.), those albums are post Saturday Night Fever (which might be the most depressing movie ever) and thus can not be included in the Saturday Soundtrack. So, here it is... another iconic song from my childhood:

When Will I be Loved from the Heart Like A Wheel album (1974).

No comments: