Saturday, May 24, 2008

Just One More Reason to Hate the Great Schism

I used to beg my parents to send me to boarding school. I really wanted to go to one of those old "brick and ivy" schools in New England but I knew my parents wouldn't go for that because of the distance (we lived in Tampa). So I tried persistently to get them to send me to Admiral Farragut Academy, also known as Old Fairy Guts. They said no to that, too. Now I am a parent and understand their reluctance to send me to boarding school. But I just came across a really cool school's website and it very much made me wish the Latins would be a bit more willing to admit that Pius IX was wrong, and that the Orthodox would be a bit more forgiving. Are there any schools like this (and you should really watch the promo movie.) that are run by Orthodox?

No comments: