Monday, May 26, 2008

Decisions Decsions

I have a few years before Basil will go to school (After kindergarten with Anselm we have decided that we are not a good home school family.) which means i have a few years before I go back to work. So, what to do in those career-less years? Well, I'll be finished with a BA in December (after 7 schools, 5 majors, and almost 400 semester units, yes that is enough for three degrees) and am thinking about graduate school. I've narrowed it down to three programs:

A. 36 unit Master of Public Administration (same degree as my wife but from a less prestigious school) for $14,400

B. 30 unit Master of arts program in h
umanities for $12,000

C. 43 unit Master of Library and Information Science for $13,459

In addition to those three programs, which are all "distance" programs offered by various state universities, there is a 48 unit Master of Urban Planning program that is only offered "in-residence" by San Jose State University. This is the program I really want to do, but I can not figure out how to do it. Just the getting to and from class would take more than two hours each day. Why or why can't this program be a distance program, too? And I am so good at Sim City!!!

No comments: