Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Wicked Man

There was a bill, Born Alive Infants Protection Act (as of 2002 it is U.S. Law) that tightened up the definition of a person so that a baby is a legal person upon "the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother..., at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced abortion."

The purpose of the law is to make sure that medical personnel know that they must treat babies born alive after attempted abortions and not just leave them to die, as had been happening.

Because of the way our government works a bill is often passed at the state and at the national level. When the Bill was in the Illinois Senate, when Senator Obama was a member of that body, the bill came up for a vote four times. Seator Obama didn't just vote against it one time. He voted against it four times. It is clear that he thinks babies born alive are not people who's lives deserve the protection of thelaw.

Who else's life does he think is undeserving of legal protection?

The more I learn about him the more I dislike him.

4 comments:

jeff miller said...

So being a Libertarian, would you vote for Bob Barr even though he has no shot or McCain i order to beat Obama?

Matt said...

Bob Barr is more of a Cato Institute libertarian. I am more of a Ludwig Von Mises Institute libertarian. Is he pro-life?

I do not know enough about McCain. It is my understanding that he favors fetal stem cell research. Also, I think is a a rape and incest guy, which has no intellectual merit.

I might wind up voting for the U.S. Constitution party again. Even though I disagree with them on so much, I agree with them on abortion policy.

Anonymous said...

I am voting Ron Paul - he is still in the race. Electability is voting for the lesser of two evils and I refuse to vote for evil. This is what I render to Caesar - for the rest I trust in God.

Matt said...

I will probably do the same.