Sunday, June 08, 2008

God Loves His People

I just read a story about Aids in the Independent.

According to the article:

- Circumcision reduces the chance of getting AIDS by 60%.

- Drug abusers (in the Bible, pharmakeus/sorcerers) get AIDS more often than non-drug abusers.

- Prostitutes and their customers have a very high AIDS infection rate.

- Homosexual men have a very high AIDS infection rate.

- People who have a lot of concurrent sex partners have very high AIDS rates.

- No one else needs to worry much about getting AIDS.

It reminded me of a verse I read a long long time ago: "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you" (Exod. 15:26).

At a time when we had no understanding of biology, when the Egyptians, the most advanced civilization on the planet, were dressing wounds with animal dung, God had mercy on us and revealed His law to us to protect us. But we tend not to listen. It is very sad.

No comments: