Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blackberries and Cream


The wild blackberry vines are producing good fruit so we picked some of it today. This is what I made the boys. (I am so happy that the Church's wisdom allows small children to be exempt from keeping the fasts. Seven is the age when children in our parish begin to keep the fasts. What is the starting age in your parish? Or is it done on an individual basis?)

In a bowl for each of them I put one cup of fresh sun-warmed berries, and I sprinkled one table spoon of sugar on the berries in each bowl. Then I poured 1/2 cup of fresh Strauss Family whipping cream over the berries.

Anselm said, "This is the best thing ever! Its sweet and sour but not like Chinese food."
Basil said,"Oh! Good,good,good,Daddy! I like it!"

2 comments:

Atlanta said...

Delicious!

Anonymous said...

To answer your question, it is done on an individual basis.