Monday, June 27, 2005

Tradesmen, pretend fish, cemeteries, and services

On the property today I have plumbers working in 4 units. Painters working in two units. And workers installing shower/tub enclosures in two other units.

The little boy has been pretending to fish off of the balcony. He catches them and brings them to me to take off the hook, clean, and cook. Then he eats them and shares them with me.

Also, my Dad asked me to shop around for graves and coffins for him and my Mom. So I've been calling a bunch of cemeteries. This has not been fun but it has to be done.

Also, I'm wrting a guide book to Holy Trinity Cathedral for my friend Jeff's group of Protestants who are visiting. up to 25 pages so far, and all I've touched on is the Altar and the Iconostasis. I haven't even gotten to the relics or the actual service yet. Thankfully, I have a few days left to get it finished.

2 comments:

existentialist said...

I enjoy your sense of humor Matt! It is too bad you live so far away, otherwise our kids could have a play date. Let me know if you are ever going up to The Monastery of Saint John or Fort Ross.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Hi Matt
it is much easier to sort out basic funeral arrangements before the distress of having to do them when you are recently bereaved.
My Dh and I have already chosen and bought our double grave plot, which will be big enough to hold at least six coffins to accomodate other family members in due course. Dh and I have written funeral instructions, so everyone knows what we want to have happen. In my case, as long as it is an Orthodox funeral with the regular pannikidas afterwards, that`s fine :-0