Friday, June 03, 2005

Family

A few days ago, I sent letters to my two oldest boys (fruit of a marriage that failed 14 years ago) telling them that my mother wanted to see them before she dies. On wednesday of this week the older one called me. He had some questions about his Granny but he was very cold toward me. He asked for my sisters phone number so he could confirm what I told him. Then I heard through the grapevine that he was going to be here yesterday.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from him. He was at my sisters house but no one was there. He didn't know how to get to my Mother's house. So I and the youngest of my sons drove to my sisters house to see the oldest of my sons and take him to talk with my mother.

SURPRISE! He is 6 feet tall and has a beard! And my middle son (16 in a couple of days) was with him!!! And he is even taller! (The little boy said, "My brothers are enormous.") I won't go into all of the details of yesterday (you would weep too much), but it seems that the sons I thought I had lost are being restored to me.

God put a woman in their lives who is an excellent influence on them. She is married to the owner of the ranch where my oldest works, and she even makes them go to church on Sunday. She drove them both up here to see their Granny.

3 comments:

Huw Richardson said...

good sigh.

Matt said...

Philippa, you are in my prayers, as well. Nothing is as heart-breaking as family.

Raphael, I don't know if you know this or not, but almost everytime your godsopn sees me in front of the computer he insists on me goint to your blog so he can see your picture.

Matt said...

Philippa, I saw your picture on your blog. You are not faceless. I'm glad your daughter is home.