Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It is amazing how God takes care of me

We've needed a new bed for a while. The bed we have is one of those metal frames that has wooden slats that support the mattress. The matress has been a futon matress. After many years the futon was worn out and, essentially, I have bee laying on beechwood slats. Not comfy at all.

But God has given my wife and I these jobs that lets us spend amazing amounts of time with the boy and together. And give us a place to live. And money. And tenants who move out and leave behind mattresses and box springs that fit on our Swedish iron and wood slat frame!!!

Tonight we went to Macy's and bought sheets. It was my first time to buy sheets. Can you believe it? I'm 36 years old and have never bought a sheet. When I was living with my parents, I used the sheets they bought. Then I was in the army - they give you 4 sheets. Then I was married, and people give you sheets when you get married. Then I lived with my sister and used her sheets. Then I moved into a house where the guy moving out left a water bed with several sheets. Then I was homeless - no sheets needed when you are living in a van. Then I was living in the corner of a warehouse that had been converted to a small office - sleeping bag. Then I was homeless again - sleeping in an old station wagon with a sleeping bag. Then I was sick (Pertusis. It almost killed me.) and a man I barely new let me have his bedroom while he traveld in Asia. Then I lived in various flop houses in San Francisco (sheets provided) then I moved into an apartment that came with a bed and sheets. Then back to my sisters house where again I used her sheets. Then I got married to a woman who had sheets. So, all of those years I've never once bought sheets. And then tonight I go to Macy's to buy sheets. And guess what!?!!? They were on sale!!!! 25% OFFF!!!

TONIGHT- No slats in my back and beautiful new 300 thread count sheets!!!!

2 comments:

existentialist said...

Beautiful post! Quite funny!

Mimi said...

Enjoy!