Monday, October 04, 2004

First math test, apartment manager woes

I think I did okay. I'm not sure. 20 percent of the questions were asked in a way that I did not understand. I was just given this:

f(x)=(a-2), (2a)(x*x)+(4/3)-(3x/(3*3))-a

and that was all.

So, I just plugged in a a number for "x" and simplified the expression just to show the professor that I know what functions are but other than that, I don't know what he was asking for. It was very frustrating.

The rest of the test was just inequalities of the square-root, linear, and absolute value varities. It was easy. The problem is that in this class 80% is a C. So if I blew the 20% that I didn't understand I am in bad shape.

Hmmm. It is two and a half weeks since I gave everyone here at the complex a warning that I was going to cut locks off of the storage lockers. It has been 2 weeks since I actually cut the locks off. Tonight someone asked me what happened to their locker. I was a little bit stunned. They've only recieved the original letter and two (TWO!) written notices that I am taking all their stuff to the dump if they don't claim it. Still 1/3 of the tenants have not responded.

2 comments:

Matteo said...

Matt is the manager of a large apartment complex. If 2.5 weeks ago he posted a warning to 100% of his tenants that he was going to cut off the locks, and the cutting occurred after a time of 20% of the duration mentioned above, and if 1/3 of the tenants failed to respond, what color is Matt's hair?

Matt said...

The storage lockers are a pain. I wish we didn't have them.

Matt: that was funny.