Tuesday, December 09, 2008

He wrote back

Athanasia came in with the mail today and said to Anselm Samuel, "You and your Daddy need to read this together". So he and I looked at the letter. It had an Italian stamp on it. The return address? St. Nicholas, Bari, Italy. I am not making this up. When Anselm wrote to St. Nicholas I had no idea he would write back. We opened it. The letterhead was an icon of St. Nicholas in his Holy Week vestments, his right hand raised in blessing. The hand written letter said,

My Dear Anselm,

I'm very happy to received your letter.
Yes, I pray for you and your brother Basil.
God bless you always, and I also bless you.

With love,

St. Nicholas


Can you believe it? I knew the monks read the letters to St. Nicholas' relics. I had no idea they also answered the letters. I am amazed.

2 comments:

Athanasia said...

That is an absolute keeper!! What a blessing to have received such a wonderful gift!

Mimi said...

That is awesome! What a blessing.