Friday, November 14, 2008

No Wellies for Me?

Athanasia, the boys, and I are going to Yosemite for a few days during the Feast of the Nativity but I do not have appropriate footwear. In fact, since snowboots are the appropriate footwear, but I am in the snow no more than 15 days in any decade, I really do not want appropriate footwear. I want rubber Wellingtons. They are much more practicle for me and should be convenient for turkey hunting in the spring. Finding boots in my size should be no problem, right? Wrong. My feet are extremely wide. I have been told that I have cave man feet, paddles, hooves, etc. This is a problem because, though the best compnay (That is Hunter, a U.K. firm.) makes rubber wellies for wide calfs, they do not make rubber wellies for wide feet. After much searching, it seems that no one does. Oh, well. I guess, I'll just have to tie plastic garbage bags over my deer skin oxfords.

No comments: