Thursday, November 13, 2008

Expelled

I took a break from school work and watched Ben Stein's Expelled.

I agree with the critics who say it is propoganda. But I don't think that is a bad thing. Propaganda for truth is very different from propaganda for falsehood. It is clear from the very beginning that Stein and the other filmmakers had taken on the role of propagandists. They were not trying to hide it. They forthrightly and honestly said, Darwinism is evil. In addition to thinking it was propaganda, I thought it was pretty good propaganda in that it allowed the Darwinists to speak for themselves and show themselves to be inconsistent at best and loons at worst. When Dawkins , in reference to the obviousness of the design of organisms, said ID couldn't be true but alien seeding could be true I just about fell out of my chair because he had just admitted that ID could be true. It was astounding.

Now here is the part that surprised me buy, I guess, shouldn't have. It seemed to me that most of the Darwinists really hated God and built their science to destroy beliefe in God. Not as I had assumed would be the case, that their science lead them to reject God. No it was the rejection of God that made them embrace Darwin.

1 comment:

Academic Freedom said...

As you know, Ben Stein points out that America is supposed to believe in free speech and academic freedom, yet on the issues of evolution and intelligent design right now, there is precious little freedom of discussion. We hope to change that. We want to turn Darwin Day (Feb 12) into Academic Freedom Day. Visit www.academicfreedomday.com, and be sure to sign the petition at www.academicfreedompetition.com, and tell you friends to sign as well.