Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dealing with Trouble

I have encountered some bumps here at the townhouses. It seems that I have angered several tenants by insisting that they keep their cats indoors, and that I can enter their units to make necessary repairs. So they have begun a campaign to discredit me, making up stories. Oh well, what can I do? Not much. I don't set the rules, the owner does. It seems like my boss is in my corner, but I've only been here a month, I don't really know him.

So, today I was looking at help wanted ads in Eureka, Fresno, Redding, and Fort Bragg. That was depressing, too. So I clicked over to The Handmaiden where I read this:

"Why are you writing such despondent letters? Are you the only one there who is encumbered with difficulties? The point is not in external difficulties - I think you understand that yourself - but you in your spiritual constitution. No matter where you may go, you can’t hide from yourself or the enemy. All that is yours will go with you and elsewhere will cause you even more suffering than here. You must not forget that the spiritual law states that “We must through much tribulation enter into the Kingdom of God” (Acts 14:22); “If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me” (Matt. 11:12); “In your patience possess ye your souls” (Luke 21:19); “He that endureth to the end shall be saved” (Matt. 10:22); “In the world you shall have tribulation” (John 16:33); “The world hateth you” (John 15:18); “If you desire to labor for the Lord, prepare your soul for temptation”; etc."


The best water comes from the deepest wells.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Amen.

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles, prayers.