Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Trip to the doctor's office

Monday morning we were up at 6, took my wife to work, then came home where I taught Anselm how to make oatmeal. Basil decided to help. There was some oatmeal scattered about the kitchen. Then we went to te library to check out the final volume of the Chronicles of Narnia. We have read all the others alound to Ansem and this is all that is left. (We had started the Harry Potter series but HP2 is too frightening for Anselm. Every time Harry heard the voice Anselm was too disturbed. So we decided to shelve the HP series and finish up CofN.) While walking into the library, I holding one of Basil's hands and Anselm holding basil's other hand, Basil decided he wanted to be free. He threw himself to the ground violently while shouting, "Walk!" the whole time we were in the library he was i a bad mood. Whining even crying. I didn't understand what was wrong until we got home. Then I saw his right arm was hanging limp. I thought, "Oh, no! Not again!" Trip to the doctor. Bone popped back into place. The doctor taught me how to do it so I won't have to keep bringing him in. So far this week, I've had to heimlich this kid (he tried to eat a quarter) and take him to the doc to get a bone popped back into place. Lets hope this week improves.

Well, I have to be at church in just 8 hours. I don't know how they are going to fit seven bishops, their deacons, and all the priests in the diocese into my tiny parish, to say nothing ofthe faithful. It going to be nuts. Hope it isn't too hot.

2 comments:

Athanasia said...

Glad to know it was a simple fix. Gotta love those kids!

How did church go?

Mimi said...

I'm also looking forward to hearing how Church went.

And, oh, poor kid. But, thankfully it's your fourth before you had to learn how to pop a bone back into place, right? Hugs to you too.