Sunday, October 07, 2007

A good day

We went to church today and got to hear a new priest preach his first sermon. He is the son of a woman who was a pillar of Holy Trinity Cathedral when we first started attending. Not long after we we met her she died. I bet she was proud to hear her son preach today. After this week he becomes the priest of a new mission in Bend, Oregon.

Though the new (I think he was ordained last week) priest preached today (and will be serving the Divine Liturgy at Holy Trinity Cathedal every day this week) Bishop Benjamin was the celebrant. After the service I had a chance to talk with him about you know what (and if you don't knowthenIam happy for you). I am much comforted. Also, His Grace made lunch. It was pretty good. Fr. John lead the parish in singing "Many Years" for Basil and then "Happy Birthday"

After church we visited my Mom. Since my Dad died she has not had joy. I don't mean she walks around weeping. She just doesn't want to be here anymore. (As for weeping, I'm the one who does that every time I think of my Dad.) I took out her trash and got her mail from the mail box for her. She gave Basil his birthday presents. I can't belive it was two years ago today that he was born.

Then we four went and got a pizza (it seems to be Basils fave food) and to Butter, Sugar, Flour for cupcakes. They must have been 900 calories each. I had an apple tart tatin.

Then we came home and I finished reading the last volume of the Chronicles of Narnia to Anselm. And, of course, I cried at all of the reunions. (Anselm: "Why are you crying" Me: "Because this part of the book is True")

After everyone went to bed I organized the DVDs and CDs. And read a little bit. I'm going to bed now. Have to wake up in 6 hours.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

No way? Two already? Many Years!

I'm glad it was a good day, Many Years to the newly ordained.

Matt said...

Thanks

Athanasia said...

Matt, your words re: Vladyka and "youknowhat" make me feel marginally better. Are you able to share, privately, what he said? Or would you prefer not to? If so, would you email me at trellmore[at]gmail[dot]come?

Happy Birthday Basil! Two? Gosh, time flies.

handmaidmary-leah said...

Rumor has it that my blog got canned because of the mafia back east and the "you know what", I don't really know if I believe all of that, because I never commented on any of it, Kristin's blog at Kristinsdottir also got suspended,too and she wasn't involved either.
If this is the case, I would keep under the radar, Matt. The Metropolitan is on the warpath...
Strange times, strange times indeed...
Christ is in our midst.
the handmaid,
Mary-Leah

Matt said...

I would not believe that. What does Wordpress have to do with the OCA?
I noticed that getreligion.org which is also hosted by Wordpress had problems the same day yours dissapeared. But their problems only lasted a couple of hours.
Have you emailed word press to see what they have to say?

handmaidmary-leah said...

As I said, rumors that I didn't really believe...
However, reading the faq that came with the suspension, it informed me that if anyone complained, about spam, etc. blogs are shut down no explanation, and archived, period.
Getting them back is not on the table. Interesting, if Met. Herman wanted his lawyers to do some digging about the scuttlebutt, the info wouldn't be hard to find, and it wouldn't be hard to complain about content, one instance of, "they used that from our site without permission" and boom, blog is gone.
So much for , "your's for the spread of Orthodoxy". Though that is the wonderful attittude of only one group of people...
Interesting times, as I said...
Keep the faith!