Tuesday, October 02, 2007

This yucky yucky day.

I won't go into the details but it started last night am with a sense of foreboding about church and the Metropolitan who was going to be there. Then I began thinking that maybe I shouldn't go. That my passions might get the best of me and I might yell Anaxios! and embarrass Bishop Benjamin. (It is hard to remember that the bishops are just men and I need to expect less of them.) Even as I was getting fressed thins morning, after convincing myself that i wouldn't do something like that, I was still anxious about going. But we all got into the car and began the hour drive to SF. Half way there God intervened and had Basil puke all over the back seat of the car. Boy, was I ever releived. Believe it or not, that was the best thing to happen all day. Other than that the day has been filled with mostly useless activity, spinning wheels, waitin for the day to end so we can get on with better things tomorrow. I'll send Bishop Benjamin a card congratulating him on his enthronement. I'm sure it was beautiful. And God used my sons stomach to "lead me not into temptation". God is good even if the state of my heart isn't. I need to go to confession. Soon.

No comments: