Sunday, May 08, 2005

Illness, Alge, and Rain

I became very ill last night. I wasn't able to breathe. I couldn't seem to breathe in enough air. I almost couldn't make it up the stairs. I could barely move my feet - it took so much effort that it seemed as though weights were tied to them. That was at 9 o'clock last night. I slept until 10 o'clock this morning. I feel better now. My head still hurts. My neck is very stiff. But I do feel better. No breathing problems. Not tired.

The water in swimming pool was cloudy when I looked at it this morning. I don't know why but the alge population has exploded. As I write this I can see the pool. It is dark green now. Of couse I closed the pool and posted biohazard signs. The pool man will be here tomorrow to fix the problem.

Three more days of rain are predicted. This is very unusual. Normally the pacific storms start tapering off in february and we get no rain after March 15. But this spring has been very wet. It is hurting the farmers in Santa Cruz County. They are having trouble getting their tractors out into their fields. We might have a very poor vegetable harvest if the rains don't quit soon. We are not Kansas. We do not grow wheat. We do not need rain in the summer.

1 comment:

Huw Richardson said...

Given the pool, I'm thinking asthma. Go to the Doctors - I'm speaking for my Godson.