Friday, May 06, 2005

Break-In

I used to live in the mission neighborhood in San Francisco. A lot of people in the south bay think of the mission as a bad neigborhood. But no one ever smashed my window to steal my Tumi bag (full of my 4 weeks worth of homework that I have to turn in next tuesday!) when I lived in the mission.

That is what happened last night, here in suburban San Jose. I've never liked San Jose. Now I am beginning to hate living here. Since I have been managing these apartments these last few months one motorcycle has been stolen, 6 cars have had their windows smashed, and one car had its wheels stolen.

I've talked to the owner of the property about security gates but to no avail. Now it is time to take the pistol out of the box and put it back together. I'll talk to the tenants about forming a vigilance comittee.

No comments: