Monday, April 11, 2005

PT Cruiser

We bought a new car today. The 1994 Acura Integra with almost 180,000 miles just isn't reliable anymore. The clutch is starting to go, it has a bad oil leak (about 1 quart a month), it needs new shocks and brakes. The air compressor needs to be replaced. When I thought about how much money it was going to take to make this car relaiable again, I began to shudder. So, I called my friend Jeff who in addition to being a newly-commissioned pastor is also a banker. He knows lots of car dealers. Some of them owe him favors. So, we got a great discount on a PT Cruiser. And through Costco we are getting a totally unbelievable deal on insurance. I'm not wild about owing more money, but its that or lose transportation. Oh, the prision that are suburbs - forcing us to drive when God gave us feet. Nevertheless, I am thankful for our new car. We'll have it blessed on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Thank you. I forgot to mentin the color: Vanilla.