Friday, April 15, 2005

Clothes

I have to go by a new navy blazer today. I wore my old one so long that a hole appeard in the elbow. I like good looking clothes, I just hate buying new clothes. I guess if I bought more than a couple of jackets I wouldn't have to buy new ones every couple of years.

I read an article about the tailor every president since Johnson has used. He said a man should only wear a suit once every two weeks. I remember reading when I was a kid (in the now defuct "M" magazine, the best mens magazine ever published) that the minimum a man's closet should contain is ...

1 dark brown suit
1 light brown window pane suit
1 gray flannel suit, with 2 trousers
1 navy suit
1 black suit
1 glen plaid suit (black or brown)
1 navy blazer
1 camel hair blazer
1 tweed jacket
2 kakhi trousers
1 tuxedo

If that is the goal, I have not reached it.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I have a gray fishermans sweater that my wife sewed elbow pathes on. It loohs really good, and has given me a couple of more winters wearing my fave sweater. But I don't think that would work with a navy blazer.
Anyway, I bought the new one yesterday.
I wish I could shop for clothes a thrift stores. Unfortunately, God has given me 60 inch shoulders. I have to shop at "big man" stores.

Matt said...

Along with God giving me 60 inch shoulders, I should have mentioned that I have given myself a 46 inch waist.