Thursday, February 24, 2005

Three Friends

Today was a good day. Woke up early and built a wild mushroom and sausauge lasanga rustica. I'd never made lasagna before. It is a fairly complicated recipe with two wildly different sauces but it was good. The reason I made the dish is that my friends Jeff and Rick came over for lunch. I've known both of them since 1993. Was room mates with Rick for a while. We used to make late night runs to Denny's. Back then we were both extremely poor. Rick taught me about eating at happy hours. We knew when every bar in the area had a happy hour and we would go, order one drink, eat a bunch of free food and then leave. We think that we might have put a couple of the happy hours out of business. Anyway, it was good to be with my friends.

Oh, in case you are wondering, there are even more reasons besides those I have enumerated previously to hate suburbs consisting of single-family detached houses. Not only do they destroy communities of the living, they also molest the final resting places of war dead.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Philippa, that sounds cool!!! If Great Lent wasn't around to corner I'd make a few dozen and freeze them today.